Friday, December 2, 2016
Family Christmas Program
Sunday, December 18th, 2016We will be having fun with a time travel theme this year! We hope to invite children, students, and adults to participate in a variety of ways including drama, music, costuming, set/prop design, tech/sound, and much more.
Children and student Practices will take place:
- Sundays Dec. 4th & 11th from 2-4pm
- Tuesdays Dec. 6th & 13th from 7-8:30pm (Potluck dinner served at 6:30)
Sundays 6-8pm“English is such a weird language.” This is a comment my family will jokingly use when we say something believing we have communicated clearly, yet the other person interprets it very differently. It great when we can recognize the disconnect and laugh about it, but communication isn’t always that easy, especially when we are trying to communicate love to family and friends.
It is clear that most of us struggle at times to feel loved by those significant in our lives. This is a two way street: If we are not feeling loved by those in our lives, chances are high that they may not be feeling loved by you. God calls us to love… simply, powerfully, extravagantly… How do we learn to recognize the love given us by others and to give love in a way that family and friends will receive that love?
Well, that is probably a big can of worms, but we will be taking a step in trying to do just that as we study Gary Chapman’s, “Five Love Languages.” The goals of this study is:
Join us as we work together with this ministry to reach out to our community. Come on down to enjoy dinner and build relationships with our neighbors!
What better way to make a difference for Christ… food and new friends!!
Here are the dates you may be interested in for the Christmas Season!
Notice that Christmas Eve we will be having our Reflective Service at 11pm and on Christmas Day, we will all worship together at 11am (Children’s Ministry available). We look forward to seeing you throughout the month!
- Ministry Mondays 6:30-8pm meets to be purposeful in developing our serving skills and to coordinate ministry efforts. All are welcome.
- dIVe (Intentional Valparaiso) is a small group for post-High School and young adults from all over Northwest Indiana. They meet at Life Bridge Cafe on Mondays from 8:00pm-10ish.
- Tuesday Midweek Bible Study Potluck Dinner at 6:30 followed by studies for children, students, and adults! Current study: "A Need for a King” & Children-Students Christmas Practice.
- Worship Arts Bible Study and Band Practice Thursdays 7-8pm Study followed by band practice
- Worship Service @ Life Bridge 9am & 11am! Current Series: “A Need for a King”
- Encounter Student Worship Sundays 6-8pm Current Study: 5 Love Languages