Friday, June 19, 2015

Programming and Prayer

I know I've been a bit "behind the scenes" this week, but I've been writing some computer programs.  It may seem strange to have a pastor and leader working on a computer program, but it is my love for people and care for them that drives me to the keyboard...

I'm not the greatest programmer, but it is a part of my background and training.  I know that I can build programs to keep track of large amounts of information and keep it organized.  This is why I'm programming this week.

You see, I just talked about Praying in the Spirit this past Sunday.  While I pray for my own wisdom, maturity, and love, I also pray for others as well.  This is probably the most important part of the ministry God has entrusted into my care.  The apostles understood this when they asked other people to run the food program:

And so, brothers, select seven men who are well respected and are full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will give them this responsibility. Then we apostles can spend our time in prayer and teaching the word.  (Acts 6:3-4 NLT)

My problem is that I quickly get overwhelmed by the sheer numbers.  We have over 2,000 people in our database at Life Bridge from the past twelve years.  413 of them have attended in the last 365 days.  My green book got filled (with salmon pages) when I reached about 300 people.

So, I am writing programs.  And, of course, I'm praying.  I might even be praying for you - that we will enjoy our walk together with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment