Friday, December 11, 2015

Blog Posts, Deer, Drums and an Unstoppable God

Traci was starting to work on God Sightings posts for this week and asked me, "Are you having trouble connecting to our Blog accounts?"  (For those of you who think I'm speaking in tongues right now, "Blog Accounts" are the places where we publish our electronic articles like God Sightings, My Garden Walk, and Blueprints.  Blog posts are the individual electronic articles themselves.)  So, I pulled up my computer and checked my software.  Sure enough, it was broken for me as well.  It seems that one of the companies changed their security protocol before the other company had updated theirs.  (More speaking in tongues...two of the programs stopped talking to each other.  Such are the ways of using free software.)


It wasn't the end of the world.  Traci and I still got our blog posts done another way.  Otherwise, you wouldn't be reading this now. ;)  It got me thinking, though, about the many, many times that things have tried to stop me, Traci, and others at Life Bridge from walking together with God and helping others to do the same.  Last week, a deer ran out in front of our car, causing thousands of dollars of damage.  We switched cars only to have the hood latch malfunction, causing the hood to fly open and do thousands of dollars of damage again.  It didn't stop us from enjoying thanksgiving, though, and it definitely didn't stop us from walking together with God.

I've really been enjoying learning the drums lately.  (No, this is not a "Hey look, a squirrel!" moment.)  Frank has been working with me patiently and I've been feeling useful in the worship team whenever they needed a "fill-in" drummer.  Each week I learn something new and I have found yet another way that I can worship God.  It's been so much fun!

I guess the thing I've learned over the years that I'm seeing clearly this week is this: God can not be stopped.  God created the heavens and the earth whether we were present or not.  God still holds all things together whether we want Him too or not.  God is large and in charge whether we bow down to Him or not.  God is good all the time whether we recognize it or not.  God has loved us, does love us, and will continue to love us whether we think we deserve it or not.  God is God and God is unstoppable.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  When we are doing our part of God's plan, we are unstoppable too.

I was enjoying a worship song called "Unstoppable God" today.  (It has a great drum line.)  Maybe you would like to enjoy it, too.  There is a Live Version, a Studio Version with Lyrics, and, for those of you who aren't into drums, a Simplified Version all available on YouTube.  Pick one that works for you and enjoy the listen.  More than that, remember that the same Unstoppable God, for you who are in Christ Jesus, lives in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment