Friday, April 29, 2016

New Growth

I find myself ready to take a nap today.  (I doubt that dream will become reality.)  My schedule this week just seemed to be a continuation of the past couple weeks – travel, attend events, meet with people, counsel, teach, and pray.  I’ve had weeks now of long days and short nights.  There is much to do. With my daughter graduating college next week, the schedule doesn’t look like it’s going to let up any time soon.

That being said, the many events are getting me connected and reconnected with people I haven’t seen in awhile.  These conversations with past friends remind me why we are here and what God has already done in and through the people of Life Bridge.

These events are encouraging me as I see more and more people involved in Bible studies we are already having.  It’s good to see our homeless men again, as we begin participating as a summer shelter on Thursday nights.  It’s fun to watch the young adults re-arranging furniture in the Cafe to facilitate their new weekday ministry to people who want a safe place to hang out, use the wifi, have a cup of coffee, and meet new friends. 

There is activity all around and there’s an excitement in the air.  People are enjoying walking with God.  Not only that, they are exploring ways to empower one more.  All of these activities create an environment for growth – new growth.  I’m looking forward to seeing what God is going to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment