Friday, May 20, 2016

Papers and Perspective

I just finished writing my final paper for the class I just took last month.  It is supposed to be 20 pages long and I stopped at 21 and a half.  Yes, I still need to edit it another round or two.  But, Praise God, the paper is written!

These classes, and their corresponding projects, always stir things up for me.  They take me outside my comfort zone.  They force me to think outside the box.  They mess with my perspective.  That is good.
I say it is good because perspective is not the same as the one perceived.  I’ve used the business analogy before: product is not the same as packaging.  In other words, changing my perspective doesn’t change God.  It only changes the angle at which I am looking at God.  It helps me see God in a different way. 

Just because people are helping me look at God, Christ’s Church, and our community in different ways doesn’t mean God has changed.  If anything, this process strengthens my faith that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).  It does, however, help me stay humble. 

The more I learn, the more I realize the places I had allowed Satan to drive wedges between me and God.  I also see where wedges have been driven between me and people who are made in the image of God.  I learn that I still have a lot to learn.  I’ve also learned, more and more, to enjoy the process.
God is big – bigger than I can understand.  God is good – better than I will ever appreciate.  God wants to walk with me – that is more than I will ever need. 

Thank you, God, for patiently walking with me yesterday.  Please, keep walking with me today and always.  I love you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment