Friday, October 21, 2016

The Glosses Section

I’ve been struggling this week with Hebrew class because, with all the time I’ve been spending on it, it didn’t seem like I was keeping up.  I had missing puzzle pieces.  We are doing midterm projects and, for Hebrew, this includes translating passages of Scripture.  Parts of the passages, though, were just not making sense.  It was all Greek to me!

Today, I asked the professor about these parts.  “What do you want us to do with the verb forms we have not learned yet?” I asked.  “Oh, well that’s when you use the Gloss section in the back of the book,” he replied.  After a pause for a moment, he looked in his book and told me the page number. 

I opened it up and it was like I was given a new lease on my Hebrew-studies life.  Right there in my book were explanations of every concept we had not covered yet, but were contained in these verses.  In other words, these were my missing puzzle pieces.  Now I can see the picture!

I know that I have been more “behind the scenes” lately with ministry and that many of you have attributed this to school.  That is true.  School is taking a considerable amount of my time this semester.  In addition to that, though, Traci and I continue working behind the scenes to build an electronic Path Book for us all to use.  It’s a really big vision.

You see, my experience with most people has been a positive one.  When given empowering, equipping, and encouraging tools, most people will grow in their walk together with God.  That’s because most people in the Body of Christ want to walk together with God.  Many times, though, they feel like they have missing puzzle pieces.  It’s all Greek (or Hebrew) to them.  They struggle and feel like they are not keeping up with their part of God’s plan in their lives.  The right “gloss section,” then, can make all the difference in the world.

My school schedule over the next year and a half is starting to become more clear.  My classes and other school work will become more and more focused on Life Bridge, the Path Book, and empowering, equipping, and encouraging people to walk together with God.  I’m really looking forward to our next 19 months learning, growing, and walking together with God.  I hope you are, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment