Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas God Sightings!

It is always busy this time of year and it is a challenge for each of us to try to keep focus and balance in our lives this season.  As I struggle myself to do this, I am reflecting over where and how I am spending my time and I am blessed to see many God sightings!

Much of my time is being spent preparing for the Family Christmas Program on Saturday December 22nd at 6 pm.  We are having multiple practices throughout the week with different age groups and in between I'm working on props and tech.  I am threatened to become disillusioned with all the Christmas activities as my undecorated tree sits with 13 strands of lights that don't light nearby (like, really?) .  But as I step back I am encouraged to see so many preparing gifts for Jesus this season... and I am excited to see how He will use those gifts to bless others!


Here are just a few gifts I see people preparing to give to Jesus:
  • I am seeing people who have never acted, step up and say I want to be a part of this.  
  • Others are depriving themselves of sleep to use their gift of drama (I mean that in a good way!) this season.  
  • Students are giving their time, stretching their comfort zones, and using their creative and technical abilities to put together a skit.
  • Children are practicing lines and actions, creating costumes and props... all to share the news of Jesus' Birth.
  • Parents and Grandparents not only bring their kids to practice but stay and help little hands be a part of big things.
I can go on and on.  What I am celebrating is the gift each of these people and many not mentioned here are giving to Jesus this Christmas Season.  They are giving Jesus themselves... giving back the very giftedness He gave to them, their time, their energy, and especially the priority in life as they make this a part of their Christmas celebration.

In His grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly. Don't just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope.  (Romans 12:6-12a)
I hope that you and your family and friends will come on out on Saturday December 22nd at 6 pm and join us as we give back to Jesus this season!

I know schedules are packed, so I hope you will schedule in now, one or more of these Christmas happenings!

Life Bridge Christmas Happenings:
Family Christmas Program     Saturday December 22nd 6pm
Seeing a Glimpse of God        Sundays 9:30 am and 11:00 am
Christmas Eve                        Monday December 24th 11:00 pm
Christmas Morning                Tuesday December 25th at your home... Sparkle Box Gift

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment