Friday, September 5, 2014

First College Luncheon

As I went through this past week, three of my kids began classes (yes, I'm including Pete in that!).  It has been fun hearing their excitement over specific professors, classes they are going to love, or wondering what they have gotten themselves into as they try to figure out assignments and deadlines.  I remember dropping the girls off that first time... I was concerned about how they would do, and how I could help from a distance.  I need not have concerned myself because each school had activities planned from the time they moved in all the way through Labor Day weekend.

As we prepared lunch, we did so with excitement at reaching out and meeting some of our new VU neighbors.
We did have students returning to services, but they had meetings and activities preventing them from attending this round.  So the reality turned out to be that we did not meet new college students this round, but we did enjoy a great time of community and fellowship.  As I looked at those who attended the luncheon, I praise God for the loving and infectious environment that 40+ people created.  Whether you cooked, brought food or plates, or simply joined in on creating a great environment, thanks for making this lunch a priority.

Outreach to the college students continues! 

Tonight Pete heads to VU's Late Night Chapel (9pm-midnight) to meet some of the students.  He will be handing out "God's Got This" bracelets (thanks Sara and Keith Jax!) and our magnets which include our service times and luncheon dates.  Please pray for good connections and conversations.


No comments:

Post a Comment