Friday, May 29, 2015

Not Relaxing. Writing.

I'm writing a book.  There, I've said it out loud.  I know that you may have heard me talking about the desire to write.  You may even know that I've gone back to school with this purpose in mind.  I really didn't expect to begin the writing project until after graduation, which is still three years away.  God made it really clear during this past semester in school, though, that it is time.  I need to write.  So, I signed up with a self-publishing company a couple months ago and now I am starting to write the book.

I share all this with you because...

...many people have been asking me about this next "season" of my year.  I've been busy with Life Bridge and school since last fall.  School especially has been demanding of my time since I took 4 Masters-level classes and 3 Doctorate-level classes in the past 10 months.  Everybody has been asking if I've had a chance to "rest" or "take a break."  Those are not the words I would use to describe the past couple weeks.  I would describe them as "gaining perspective."  I've been praying quite a bit the past few weeks - even more than normal for me.  God has been giving me clear direction for my time.  The list begins with writing a book.

The material in the book will be familiar to many of you.  It will be our "bad box" book.  I'm teaching the class again on Tuesday nights, starting this week, as a way to share the information with a new audience and, at the same time, spur myself on to write the book.  As I teach, I will write.  This is yet another way I am building accountability into my life.  What is the first way I am holding myself accountable?  I'm telling you right now.  Did I mention that I started writing a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment