Friday, September 9, 2016

And The LORD Said

elephant-trunk-hill-04Yesterday I learned how to read, “and The LORD said,” in Hebrew class.  We’re moving past the alphabet now and moving on to particles and other words.  It’s getting real!  When I boot up my computer, I’ve been seeing a picture like this one before I log in each day.  It has been getting me thinking.

The picture reminds me of vacations with my parents at Lake Cumberland down in Summerset, KY.  Scenes like this became common as we were immersed in the midst of God’s creation. I loved going down there just to leave the world behind and enter our own Garden of Eden experience.  This week it reminded me of the creation story where it kept repeating, “and The LORD said.”  There is great power in the Word of The LORD.

My schedule is busier now that school has picked up.  I know I’m not alone in this busy schedule.  It is in these busy times that I like pictures like this background to remind me that God has all the “big” things covered.  When the LORD speaks, things get done.  Then on the 7th day LORD rested.  It’s good enough for The LORD, so it’s good enough for us, too.  Plus, The LORD said we should.

No comments:

Post a Comment