Friday, January 18, 2013

Overcoming Hardship

Tonight, January 18th @ 6:30



Overcoming Hardship Explored at Lifetree Café 

Practical solutions for overcoming hardship will be discussed at Lifetree Café.   

The program, titled "Overcoming Hardship: A Father and Son Beat the Odds" features an exclusive film of Patrick Henry Hughes and his father. The younger Hughes was born without eyes or the ability to extend his limbs. Though in a wheelchair, Hughes performed in the University of Louisville marching band, his father pushing his wheelchair through every practice and performance.

"I don't think I have anything holding me back," says the younger Hughes. "All I have to do is think about the goal I wish to achieve, look at the resources that might help me achieve that goal, reach out to them, and see what happens."


No comments:

Post a Comment