Friday, February 19, 2016

Another Paper, Another Step

Monday I was out of pocket for the day as I finished up a final paper for my class on Leadership in Different Contexts.  It was an interesting and challenging class.  It left me feeling different than any of my coursework up to this time.  I’ve been spending the better part of the week trying to figure out why.  Here’s what I’ve come up with so far.

Some of my classes either reaffirmed my understanding of God, Scripture, and Theology.  Others have challenged one or more of these pictures.  Even those that have challenged me caused me to dig in and work harder.  I want to have as good a picture as I can so that I teach people well.  This last class reaffirmed much of my picture, but I didn’t end up wanting to dig in like the others.

When it comes to practical ministry, once again some of my classes have either reaffirmed what we’ve done, challenged me to analyze what we’ve done, or pointed out places where we’ve fallen short.  This class, however, caused me to think outside the Valparaiso and Porter County box.  It left me thinking about contexts all across the United States of America and even around the world.

I feel a bit like the character in a movie.  (You can pick your favorite movie here.)  You see the look on their face as they walk up to a situation that is far bigger than they had ever imagined.  Their eyes are wide open.  The mouth even drops open a little.  The look is hard to describe because the character is clearly shocked, overwhelmed, and excited all at the same time.  That’s the way I feel.  I’m looking at what it will take to empower so many to walk together with God.  I’m just glad that the plan belongs to God.  We get to live out our part.  I’m looking forward to taking the next steps into this surprising, overwhelming, and exciting world.  Go team.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment