Friday, February 12, 2016

Worth The Battle

Over the past couple weeks, I’ve noticed an increase of “resistance” to what Life Bridge has been trying to do.  We want to glorify God, walk together with God, and empower one more to do the same.  Whenever we try, though, we have had to fight.  Things have gotten spilled and broken, equipment has given us distractions and hiccups, services and meetings alike have started late, gone long, and challenged the many ministry workers.

While watching (and at times participating) in all of this, I found myself thinking about a phrase we often say at Life Bridge.  “People are not our enemies.  The enemy is our enemy.  People are human beings made in the image of God.  We fight the enemy and love God.  We fight the enemy and love people.”  I watched through all the disctractions, roadblocks, hiccups, and struggles.  That’s exactly what the church did.  We fought the enemy.  We loved people.  When we did, we also showed our love for God.  We worshipped.  We learned from His Word.  We prayed.  We ministered to one another. Not only that we baptized two new people.

God’s Spirit has been working in and through His people here, and we have been fighting the good fight. I don’t like fights. I certainly don’t invite fights. I sure am glad, though, that God has equipped us for them when they show up on our doorstep.  And, as these past couple weeks have reminded me, it is worth the battle.  Well done, good and faithful servants.  Go team!  Praise God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment