Friday, February 26, 2016

Scattered Perspective

I’m sitting down this week with absolutely no idea what to write, so I will write as I review the week in my mind.
Sunday’s services went well and the impact was powerful for most, if not all, of us.  We were all challenged to start matching God’s picture for marriage and sexuality.
The leadership class did not have its expected leader this week (due to illness).  We had an excellent discussion, though, about building into people and increasing our effectiveness in leadership.
I found myself using (not available to the public yet) electronic PathBook tools to pray again for those who attend Life Bridge.  I could be more focused in my communications with each person or couple because of the way the tools equip me for ministry.
Ministry Mondays went well, as the team collaborated on their various ministries.  We also worked toward our MBO’s (Ministry by Objectives) for the “Live it Out” team.  Progress is being made on one of the twelve new teams!
Tuesday midweek group was a battle to get to physically and spiritually.  (I think I caught a bug of whatever has been going around.)  I think the challenge spiritually was because Sunday was so powerful, plus we had a baptism on Tuesday night!  Battles were fought and won and the evening went well.
Wednesday, we had the biggest snowstorm of the year.  Blizzard conditions throughout the day slowed everyone down on Wednesday and literally shut the city down on Thursday morning.  Traci and I worked from home, but three short power outages were enough to stop our internet access and all communication with the outside world.
Thursday, Frank found a main water valve at Life Bridge leaking all over the place.  He shut off the water at the main coming into the building and got a plumber over to look at the problem.  The part won’t be available until Saturday, but we should be up and running for Sunday again.
Thursday morning we spend digging out of our home, much work and coordination took place throughout the day, and I finally got communications restored to our household by Thursday night.
Now it’s Friday, and I’m getting ready to go to Cincinnati, load up some things from my mom’s house, and bring them back to Valpo on Saturday.  (Mom is moving to a condo in Northern Kentucky.  She won’t know what to do with herself, now.  She loved shoveling the snow!)
Anyway, that’s my week.  That’s my perspective.  My mind is still racing as I think about Blueprints articles to write, finances, building work, web site development, and many, many other projects that are happening at Life Bridge.  I’m so glad God’s got this because, even with my racing mind, I certainly don’t have it all under control.  I’m giving it all to God right now.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7 NIV)
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment