Friday, March 18, 2016

A Little Bit of Everything

The last couple weeks included a mix of ups and downs that really made me back up and survey what has happened.

I get to enjoy the blessing of time with my children as two of them have had spring break and the third came to town to enjoy some friends’ events.  Bottom line: time with family is good.

I’ve also had a series of “downers” that pull at the heart strings.  A family member of our church family was unexpectedly killed this week.  Another friend is in jail and facing sentencing at the end of the month.  On top of that, I got to talk with another friend of the Life Bridge family who is struggling with the results of his past decisions.  Now he can’t get a job.  Bottom line: struggles continue.

I guess my perspective from all of this activity is simple:  This is why I do what I do.

We can’t predict when times will “go well” with us.  We cannot predict when we will struggle.  We have a God who loves us, an enemy who hates us, and consequences of actions affecting us all the time.  The only way to stay stable through it all is to walk together with God.

God gives us His Spirit to help with today.  God gives us hope as we look forward to tomorrow.  When tomorrow keeps us here, we get to enjoy the fruit of God’s Spirit here.  When tomorrow takes us there, we get to enjoy being face to face with the God who designed us, who sustains us, and who loves us through it all. 

God really is the solution to all the problems we face.  So, let’s go into our today - even though we do not know what our today will bring – and enjoy walking together with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment