Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Request for Prayer

I just sent this email out to a large group of people.  
Since databases are not perfect, I will post it here as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sending this email to you because you are someone I pray for on a regular basis.

Today, however, I have a prayer request I would like to ask of you.

The current sermon series I'm preaching/teaching through is focused on the prayer Jesus prayed for all of us in John 17.  This is a short excerpt of his prayer:
I pray that they will all be one, just as You and I are one—as You are in Me, Father, and I am in You. And may they be in Us so that the world will believe You sent Me. 
(John 17:21 NLT)

I've been teaching about different denominations and celebrating strengths of each group so that we will want this unity that Jesus desired for us.  Now, we will have an opportunity to start living it out.

The Porter County Fair is a venue where Life Bridge Christian Church has been promoted in various ways over the past eight years.  This year, we will be using all of these ways to promote the Entire Church in Porter County.  Every church of every Christian Denomination will be promoted at our booth, on the trolley, and even in a Concert of Praise.  This is really an exciting year for the Church in our area.

Would you pray for us?

I put together a not-so-high-quality video that I shared at Life Bridge this past Sunday.  It explains the vision and how we can live out His prayer in our area.  You can watch it on YouTube here:
 

The County Fair runs from July 19-28th.  Please consider praying for His Church throughout Porter County during this period of time.

After the 4th of July holiday tomorrow, I will be sending you one more email with a link to a web site that provides more details about this event.  You will be able to sign up as a prayer partner, receive updates, and if you live in the area, sign up to participate in other ways as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing God work in powerful ways in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and even years.
I'm asking Him to work in us and through us to let the world (in our area) know how much He loves us.

Working together with you,
Pete

-- 
Pete Kersker
Lead Minister, Life Bridge Christian Church
Pete@ImagineLifeDifferently.com

No comments:

Post a Comment