Friday, March 8, 2013

God's Workers (Part 1)


You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. (Galatians 5:13 NIV)

I went to Ministry Monday's this week to participate in the group.  We had a blast!  One of the participants said, "I haven't laughed that hard in a long time."  I enjoyed seeing God work in and through His people to prepare and encourage us on to serve.

What I wasn't expecting, though, was a meeting right before Ministry Mondays began...
I had the pleasure of meeting James Cooper.  James rolled into our building in his wheelchair and greeted me with poise and dignity.  He wanted to talk about God, His Church, and how we all can minister to one another - even across local churches and denominations.  His battle with Muscular Dystrophy has given James a heart for ministering to those with disabilities.  And so he is.

James went through ministry training with Joni Eareckson Tada's Christian Institute on Disability.  Now he's ready to begin caring for people in our area.

The introductory meeting is coming up soon:
Tuesday - April 9, 2013
6:30 - 8:00pm
faith evangelical Bible church
305 E. 400 N.

You can contact James on Facebook here with any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment