Friday, July 29, 2016

Being Busy

I always find this time of year to be kind of funny.  Folks are going on vacations, travelling, and enjoying time with family.  The children are playing in the yard and block parties are in full swing.  Porter County Fair reminds us that harvest time is just around the corner, so even the farmers are waiting for the hard work of harvest season.  We, however, always seem to be quite busy this time of year and this year is no exception.

Last week we held church services at the Porter County Fair.  (I’m still editing the video, so it’s not available online yet.)  This weekend will be youth Sunday.  The following weekend will be at Turkeypalooza.  Planning is underway for everyone to return in the fall, including an excellent season God has in store for us throughout October and most of November. I’ve started school again, so let the book reports, papers and other projects begin as well.

The sun is shining.  The sky is blue.  People are relaxing all over the place, but I find myself in the midst of a lot of activity.  That’s ok, though.  Being busy can be good, as long as we are about God’s business – and that we are.  I go to sleep at night knowing that I get to participate in empowering on more to walk together with God.  Praise God!  Go team. #werememberGod

No comments:

Post a Comment