Friday, October 2, 2015

Do you have a God sighting?

"Are you going to write a God sighting today?"  That was the question Traci (my wife) asked me this morning.  I chuckled.  I wasn't exactly feeling like it today.  Traci knew it.


It's not that I don't like sharing perspectives of God at work.  I love seeing God at work and sharing it with others.  This week, though, I felt the weight of the culmination of months of hits against me, my family, Life Bridge, and our community.

Yesterday, for example, we had to scramble to get me some level paycheck so our mortgage could get paid, my daughter was laid off from her job, the 500 Turkeys website was hacked on the day they were going to open it up to nominations, and one of our homeless friends passed away.  This, while I was driving to Cincinnati to move furniture from my mother-in-law's house as she is moving to a retirement community one-floor home.

I guess my God sighting is this:  God is good all the time and all the time God is good.  I remind myself that God is good, because the "bad" things that happen to us are obstacles, interference, and distractions from God.  I know this because we seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness, so we know God will provide for our needs.  He always has before.  He will again.  I know this because Jesus told us to feed the hungry, promises to be with us, and rewards our faithfulness.  We've fed the hungry before.  We will do it again.  I know this because Jesus came to give us life, so death no longer has any power or victory over us.

Do I have a God-sighting?  Yes.  I see God everywhere...and He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment