Friday, October 30, 2015

In The Garden Again

I’m feeling a very real sense of peace again.  I’ve been asking God, “Why?”  I know, it seems strange to be asking God that question, when experiencing something like peace.  Shouldn’t I just accept it and thank God for it?  Well, I have and I did.  But then I followed up with my question.

It seemed strange to me that I am experiencing peace now.  There’s still lots of work to do.  Sermons, blog posts, and small group lessons need to be written and shared.  People need to be prayed for and cared about.  Building changes still need completed.  Projects need to be ushered through.  Finances still need managed.  A consistent stream of ministries need time and attention.  And, now, web sites are being developed.  I’m plenty busy with ministry.

My family continues to move at a fast pace, too.  Two of the three are in college.  We’re travelling to Anderson and back for another event for one of our children tomorrow.  One of them is moving out (temporarily) again.  This doesn’t even mention the fact that we are entering the busy travel season for our family, with Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner.  No, I’m plenty busy with my family as well.

My own schooling continues as well.  I have eight books to read and four papers to write prior to January 11, 2016.  (Can you believe 2016 is almost here!)  I have more analysis work to do on the city of Valparaiso, Porter County, Northwest Indiana, Chicagoland, and the United States (State by State).  I have another 30 page paper to complete by February 11th.  Yeah, I’m plenty busy with school, too.

So why am I experiencing so much peace?  Simple.  I’m right where God wants me.  I’m doing exactly what God wants me to do.  Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid” (John 14:27 [NIV]).  Sometimes I think that we get so used to busyness, struggles, and fear that we forget that God did not design us to live that way.  Our God is a God of peace.  When we walk together with God, we experience peace.  I’m enjoying the Garden Walk again.  I never want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment