Friday, August 7, 2015

Behind The Scenes

I enjoy watching people's reactions as they walk into the Worship Center now.  "It looks so much bigger," they are saying.  I just smile, thinking about all the people who put their time, energy, and effort into making room for more people to walk together with God.  I also think about how much of the work is "behind the scenes" and simply not seen.  This week, for example,

that work included fixing two roof leaks, installing an HVAC cold air return for the children's area in the basement, preparing our web site for publication in October, and installing some stereo speakers on the deck outside the cafe area.  (People who go out on the deck will probably notice the speakers, but you get the idea.)

I know that there are many more "prominent" projects going on regularly, like Turkeypalooza that will be happening tomorrow.  I also know that there are countless hours logged by hundreds of volunteers to pull off and event like that.  Sometimes, though, I just like to pause and think about the quiet, hidden ministries that take place all the time and all around us.

Scripture tells us, "But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer" (Luke 5:16 NLT).  I wonder what he talked to the Father about.  I wonder what was on his mind.  I wonder if he would think about all the ministries going on in his day.  I wonder if he thought about the next ministry steps to come.  I know I do.

Well, for now at least, I am going to go on with the rest of my day - investigating HDMI cables, video cards, splitters, repeaters, and capture devices...cause its my day off. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment