Friday, August 21, 2015

School Daze

I just finished helping my youngest child, Joshua, purchase his first set of college school books for the upcoming semester.  (He begins next week.)  My middle child is getting ready to travel back to her school next week as well.  My syllabus has already arrived for my school this year, too.  Our family is in a sort of a daze as we are all adjusting our expectations, our schedules, and our budgets to accommodate the next school year.


I know that we are only one of many families making these adjustments.  We struggle sending our little ones away to school for the first time.  We even struggle when they are older and move away to live on campus the first time.  The financial pressures can be overwhelming, as we look at the costs involved with educating our children.  All of it requires wisdom and direction and peace.

It is in times like this that I love remembering that we are not alone.  God is with us wherever we go.  God wants to help us navigate the details.  God wants to fill us with the fruit of His Spirit through it all.  That's why I gather together with God's people regularly, read God's Word daily, and talk to God continually.  God walks with me through it all.  He wants to walk with you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment