Friday, August 14, 2015

Seeing God at Work

I mentioned last week that I enjoy the "behind the scenes" work as much, if not more, than the big event-type ministries.  I think that's because I've had so many people over the years come in with "bad boxes" over church being a "show."  They think we are trying to put on a performance for others to see, whether it be a worship service, a community involvement fundraiser, or even just a Bible-study with a teacher up front.  I can understand the concern
and that's why I like the "behind the scenes" ministries so much.  People do these ministries just because they want to serve.  It's hard to accuse folks doing these ministries of trying to put on a show.

On the flip side of the same coin, though, I really like visible signs that God is at work.  Whether it is just enough money coming in from the fundraiser, the faces of people being fed, housed, and clothed, or being able to watch someone choose Jesus as their Lord and Savior after many years of ministry.  We got to see two people making this choice and being baptized this past Sunday.  We have a new sister and brother in Christ.

I think the reason I like these visible signs so much is that it energizes the team and renews our focus.  The focus isn't on entertaining people.  The focus is on empowering people and glorifying God.  That is what we see every time God gives us a visible sign that our hard work is making a difference.  It also reminds me that for every one that I see, there are many, many more that I do not see.  Praise God!  God is good all the time, and all the time...God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment