Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Glimpse of God

I've been looking forward to the new series we began this past weekend entitled "A Glimpse of God" (Click to watch).  It really seemed to be a good "next step" after learning to become Contagious Christians, being On Fire for Him.  Now, as our new guests start accepting our invitations to Sunday services, they can begin to catch a "glimpse" of what we see and enjoy in our walk together with God.

Whenever we prepare for a new series, I get to catch a "Glimpse of God" working
through the people who prepare for the new series.  Songs and videos change.  New graphics are created.  Slides, programs, posters, and even the worship music begins to reflect the new focus as we pursue a deeper walk together with God.

This time, as many times in the past, I turned to Shawn O'Neil for help developing the graphic look and feel of this series.  I always enjoy this creative process with Shawn, because she seems to be able to understand my rambling and turn it into an amazing work of art.

This series, for example, I explained to Shawn that I want to help people see God in the world around them. I told her we can catch a glimpse of God in our marriages, our children, and in nature.  I talked about seeing His provision, protection, and even seeing ourselves in His image.  I told her we would be using the song, "Fingerprint of God" as sort of a theme.  This was the graphic she came up with.


I was blown away.  I love seeing God work through the gifts He has given His people.  This was another example of the Body of Christ in action.  She is using her gifts for the Glory of God.  I'm quite sure He will use it to empower one more to walk together with God.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.  I took a little while getting back to her.  While she was waiting for my response, she worked on slides for Communion and Offering times in the service.  Here's what she created.





Praise, God from whom all blessings flow, (James 1:17)
Praise Him all creatures here below; (Psalm 145:21)
Praise Him above, ye  heav’nly host; (Rev 5:11-14)
Praise Father, Son, and  Holy Ghost (Matt 28:19)

Thank you, God for letting me see You at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment