Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm Ready

"I'm Ready."  I could tell by the look in his eye that he meant it.  Getting to this point was a lifelong process.  In recent years, Dennis had been actively asking his friends more questions and reconciling his life-story with the picture of a loving God.  Now, he was ready to accept the Grace that God offers each one of us and the powerful gift of His Spirit.  He was ready to be baptized.


During the "Contagious Christian" study, I was encouraged again by the teaching in the DVDs.  "I've had the pleasure of being the first step in some people's process, most often a middle step, and every once in awhile the final step."  On Wednesday, November 28, I had the pleasure of being a part the "final step" of Dennis Hengstebeck's search for God - knowing it's really a "middle step" of his life's walk.  

Congratulations, Dennis.  Welcome to the family.  I'm celebrating with you and all the angels in the presence of God.  Enjoy each step of your walk.  It's a great journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment