Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ministry Loves Company

I just got done working with Sue Renfro on computer data entry work for Life Bridge.  She is entering the Connect Card data into a computer system so we can easily access the follow-up tasks, prayer request, and contact information for people who want to connect.

I explained to her that her data-entry
synchronizes the contact information to our phones so we can make calls, send texts, email and even Facebook people.  I was excited to tell her that we are sending a Welcome Email (Click to Read) to people who fill out Connect Cards for the first time and provide an email address.  I also told her that people who sign up for email devotions will also receive an email that explains (Click to Read) the various devotions that are available and how to sign up.

Most of the time, people consider data-entry work to be boring, tedious, or unimportant.  Knowing this perception, I tried to say "misery loves company."  When I said it, though, I heard different words come out of my mouth: "Ministry loves company."  I guess His Spirit wanted my words to be a gift, focusing on the "half-full" part of the glass.  I'm glad He changed my words before they came out of my mouth.  I hope they were a gift.

It may seem like boring work to many, but she was quite excited to be using her gifts for Gods work.  She doesn't consider data entry to be a burden.  She knows He is working through her to empower one more to walk together with God.  I know that I am not alone in this part of His ministry work.  I guess ministry really does love company.


No comments:

Post a Comment