Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Communicate with God

Communicating with God is foundational to learning how to walk with Him.  As with any relationship, communication is key.  When we communicate with Him, we learn more about Him and where He's coming from.  We also find ourselves seeing the world around us more and more through His eyes.  This empowers us to walk with God.

At Life Bridge, several vehicles are available to open communication lines between you and God.  They include, but are not limited to, the following.


  • Weekend Services - Weekend services are designed to help us let go of our weeks, remove distractions, and help us experience the presence of God.  It's not a coincidence that the earliest commands God gave us included the command to stop once a week, rest from our regular work, and focus on Him.  That's what we attempt to do every weekend when we gather together in worship.
  • Prayer - Good communication skills always include sharing and listening.  Prayer is the way God designed us to do both with Him.  When we pray, we invite God into our lives.  Weekend services include prayer - getting the conversation going.  Connect Cards are provided so each of us can write prayer requests and praises down, making prayer personal.  People from Life Bridge pray for those requests, learning the importance of praying for one another.  Finally, I am adding each person who fills out a Connect Card to my personal prayer list.  I invite God to act in your life and often send a quick note to you - reminding us all of the importance of prayer.
  • Daily Devotions - God has given us quite a bit of insight into Him by speaking to us and working with us.  His Word has been captured and preserved for us to read.  When we read Scripture, we learn to recognize God's voice.  People who request email devotions through the Connect Card are signed up to receive email delivery of my blog (http://mygardenwalk.blogspot.com).  In my blog, I simply read Scripture and share what thoughts go through my mind while reading it.  Other people at Life Bridge (Traci Kersker and Gayla Little) follow a similar pattern.  Perhaps they make more sense to read as you watch their process of reading His Word and applying it to their lives.  Do you have a favorite small group leader or Bible Teacher at Life Bridge?  Encourage them to blog as well so you can see their process and learn how to listen to God like they do.  We want to empower you to read His Word and recognize His voice.
  • Small Groups - I experience God on the weekends, invite God to be a part of my life, and read His Word to recognize His voice.  With a small group of followers, I practice my walk.  I can learn the importance of being slow to speak and quick to listen, but then I need someone to listen to.  It doesn't help to learn how to love if I have no one to share that love with.  Small groups make my walk with God real.
I'm praying for you right now - that God will open your heart (and your schedule) to communicating with Him frequently and naturally.  I'm asking Him to clearly communicate with you through His Word and His Spirit, so you will enjoy walking with Him more and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment