Monday, November 26, 2012

God Sighting

The main point of this blog is to communicate what we see God doing.  So last night after a long month of 500 Turkeys, Thanksgiving, and beginning Children Christmas practice, I had a movie and game night for students at Life Bridge.  I know that I had been feeling overwhelmed with activity and thought maybe they were feeling the same, so we just had some down time together.  But God was there... and active!



I always encourage students to invite friends to these nights and last night was no exception.  Among one of the friends was a student I ended up driving home.  He is in between churches so when he was invited he said sure.  As I talked with him on the way home, I learned that he served at 500 Turkeys.  I asked if he was with a group that served, CAP or Scouts or something.  He simply told me, "No, my family received a meal last year and it really helped us out, so I wanted be a part of it this year."

We never know how something will impact and how God will use it... a year ago receiving a Turkey dinner, this year serving, and now also connecting with other peers trying to walk with God...

I look forward to watching how God will continue to work not only in 500 Turkeys, but in this young man, his friend, Life Bridge, and the Body of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment